Popular Posts

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Unit 10 Final Blog: Summarize my experience in this course

Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?

I do not feel that I am a 10 at most apsects especially physical well-being, so I will stay the same.  On a scale of 1-10; 10 physical well-being; I rate an 8. Lifestyle change through nutrition and exercise plus I have surpassed all physical requiremnent for my age.

I feel that I have dropped a number because of the information gained in this course and I have discovered that I need a lot of work so, on a scale of 1-10; 10 spiritual well-being; I rate an 5. With this course, I feel I am half way there and I am still undergoing comparative studies from 3 major religious doctrines and now 4. Understanding is what I seek.

On a scale of 1-10; 10 psychological well-being; I rate 5. This is lower than the assessment in unit 3 however, I feel that I have dropped a number because I understand a little more about myself and feel that is my consciousness that will transform in the future.  I am still compling data and information that will help me psychologically. Again, I have come to the realization of my own faults and judge myself, not others but I am not as hard on myself anymore.

Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.

My physical goals are to continue on the path to optimal health and wellness and to embrace mind, body and spirit as an interconnected wholeness for myself.  This goal remained the same.

To move toward a better physical goal would be to develop a nutrition calendar which I have been trying to do for quite sometime but cannot get to plug in the numbers and items because of a busy schedule however, time-management will not be a problem in the near future and that will enable me to do a better job with developing my nutrition.

My spiritual goals are to implement integral health practices and to cultivate pervading time and perservance plus do more research on the 3 major religions and now integral health and this will allow time for reflection and mediatation for me. Time will not be a factor for these goals in the near future.

To move toward a more spiritual goal or attainment of enlightment I want more time to study concepts and time for meditation. This is time well spent on development and tranformation.

My psychological goals are to invest more time seeking integral health and it's concepts and aspects. I need to concentrate on being an effective listener.  Also, should work toward gaining more comprehensive knowledge and information about this aspect.

To move toward a more psychological goal is to invest more time in reading and silence and stillness.  I need to move past the preparing the ground for integral practices but this will only come in time.

Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.

Yes, I have implemented activities for my well-being in 2 of the 3 areas.  I have decided to work on integral health practices such as mind/body connection with my work outs and practing contemplative practices and mental workouts.

Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?

My personal experience throughtout this course is one of enlightenment and it some sort of health I never considered.  I feel better because I know I can use the practices and techniques learned from this course to start on another journey toward integral health.  What has been rewarding for me is just know about this modality of health existing and is their for me.  However, the difficult part was actually doing the practices and finding time to implement them into my schedule.  I will help others when I am able to after pervading my journey to be able to reach a level of consciousness and unity consciousness.  However, for now, I can lead or direct individuals to the path of human flourishing and let them find out about themselves like I have done through this class.

2 comments:

  1. It is great to see that you can analyze yourself at such level, and I feel that by examining yourself you can definitely attain your spiritual goals that you have set for yourself.

    For me as well, was the difficult level that I had in finding the time and mental clarity to put the exercises into my schedule. What I have in mind, is to go back through the audio portion exercises over the next week before the new classes start to see if I can prepare myself for a better starting point next term!

    Best of luck in your endeavors, and may God guide you to find your spiritual answer and peace.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I can totally relate to finding time in this busy schedule to implement some of the practices for integral health, but I will say that when I did do it, it felt so good in all areas. I think it's the balance that we all must find in order to achieve integral health and well being for our lives. It's just being able to acknowledge it and take steps to doing it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete